Permission to make mistakes and assumption of competence
High spirited, enjoyment, well-being, career-family balance
Raising the bar, new ideas, career opportunities, & performance
Well-being higher after each interaction
Honesty and commitment to listening
Providing a physical environment that supports these values
Title: Market Research Associate
Location: Minneapolis, MN, office-based position
The Research Division of the Beverage Information Group is the leader in syndicated and custom causal data collection, reporting, forecasting and analysis of volumetric consumption and sales trends for the Distilled Spirits, Wine and Beer categories. Our services are unique because we are exclusively dedicated to the Beverage Alcohol industry. For the past 35 years, we have offered our clients a variety of information services and support, spanning both the on-premise (restaurants/bars) and off-premise (retail liquor stores) channels.
The Beverage Information Group is part of EPG Media & Specialty Information, which employs approximately 50 persons with headquarters located in Minneapolis, MN. We are a publishing and information services business with B2B and consumer properties in Beverage Alcohol, Power Sports/Recreation, Horticulture, and Fuel. We enjoy a casual, family-style culture.
We are seeking a Market Research Associate to join our beverage-alcohol data research team. The qualified candidate will assist in secondary research collection, analytics, process improvement and product development to help us expand our data and information services business. The ideal candidate should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, be passionate about data and developing insights and have enthusiasm for developing new products and contributing to their successful deployment.
- Assist in the preparation, development and production of seven annual consumption resource publications
- Assist with the collection and compilation of research data from multiple sources
- Seek and secure industry data such as sales, consumptions, pricing, advertising spend, consumer demographics and international data
- Conduct internet research on beverage alcohol suppliers and brands
- Identify new sources of data to enhance existing product and to develop new ones
- Analyze and interpret marketing and sales data, consumer behavior and industry trends and report findings in appropriate venues, such as publications, research reports, newsletters/magazines or for industry events
- Assist in forecasting category and industry trends using statistical, causal and anecdotal skills/tools
- Develop and implement on-line surveys. Analyze responses and create reports.
- Update information in product database
- Work with the sales manager; additional managerial responsibilities as product line grows
- Provide support for social media efforts
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree required (major in Marketing, Research, Mathematics or related fields)
- Individual should be inquisitive, enjoy data and research
- Solid experience/proficiency using mathematical/statistics and analytical tools
- Experience with data manipulation and normalization tools
- Strong analytical skills, using multiple data sources
- Ability to query and identify relationships between different data sets
- Strong data interpretation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are a must
- Must have strong project management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deliver results in a timely manner
- Must work well independently with minimal supervision
- Must have teamwork mindset
- Consumer data or trade experience and/or familiarity with beverage alcohol industry a plus
- Must actively seek knowledge of industry trends, best practices and metrics
- Strong MS Office knowledge with a focus on Excel and PowerPoint
- Work experience with Survey Monkey
- Work experience in Tableau Software
- Work experience with SQL files
- Able to navigate numerous platforms and easily adapt to the integration of new platforms into the work process
About this opportunity:
The Market Research Associateis an office-based position and provides salary, bonus opportunities, medical/dental/vision benefits, personal/sick time off, 401k plan.
Please note we are not interested in consultants or consulting services.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
posted: September 29, 2020